- improved layout of rule editing window
- new script editor with syntax highlighting and automatic code formatting
- IntelliSense, which shows the function names and the field names while typing
- help that dynamically shows content based on the context
Rule editing windowThis is how the window looked like before upgrade:
And this is how it looks like in new version:
It is worth noting that this window now occupies the entire screen available, so there is more space for entering information. In addition, options have been better grouped and are easier to understand. The window is graphically divided into two parts. Upper defines when the rule is started, and the bottom determines what is to happen if the rule fires. In addition, there is more space to display the script code.
Script editorWhen you click on the code then script editor will show up. In this view, the left side of the screen allows you to edit the script and the right displays context-sensitive help.
To view a description of a function in the contextual help, you can do any of four actions:
- Select it from the drop-down list in the upper right corner, or ...
- Search using a search box in the upper right corner, or ...
- Move curson to the function in your code using the mouse or keyboard, or ...
- Start typing the name of it in the editor! This last option is IntelliSense.
IntelliSenseIf you type the beginning of the function name, the IntelliSense shows matching names, and if you select the right one it will show a brief description, the short description and a list of parameters. In addition, help in the right part of the screen displays the function description of examples of use.
The suggested names are also keywords, form fields and system fields. The editor highlights the syntax and automatically formats the code. They are also buttons for formatting and inserting fields.